Do you kill your own tree for Christmas or buy it at the hardware store? Put up a plastic one complete with frosting and pine scent? Or simply use the biggest branch the last windstorm dropped in your backyard?
Pretty in pink?
You know you want to!
Whose house? I know!
But hey, no matter how you celebrate, everyone loves a freebie! So here’s another time limited seasonal decor item thanks to mymemories.com. Get it before Christmas Eve.
And here’s what you do with them…
3D Tree Tutorial
1. Print your file on cardstock. To create a 3 layered tree, you will need one base, one middle piece, and one top. Gather necessary supplies. (Recommended supplies: ruler, scissors, glue, bone folder with pointed tip) Be sure to set your margins as close to 0 as possible.
2. Using the bone folder score from the top tip down to each of the 3 corners. There should be 3 fold lines from the tip on each piece. Also, score the bottom triangle of the base.
3. Cut out all of your tree pieces.
4. Fold on the fold lines. Folds should all be folded in towards the white side of the paper.
5. For top and middle pieces, place glue on the flap and glue together to form a pyramid.
6. For the base piece, apply glue to both flaps.
7. Bring small triangle base up and glue in place.
8. Attach the side tab to the inside flap to form a pyramid.
9. Stack tree pieces, as desired. These trees can be made using 1, 2, or 3 layers per tree.
I’d love to see what ones folks actually make as I personally don’t have the time this Christmas…maybe next year?
Gee, do they still make wooden Christmas trees?