Here’s a great freebie for those of you who like to pretty up your summer treats. If you have the right software, you can even make your own personal touches. If you don’t have any software that will work for these, you can download them just as zip files.
If you are looking for a cheap ($39.97 US) but good scrapbooking, card-making software that you can use these with I can give you a code to get $1o off the software, My Memories. If you use this code to purchase the software, you will also get a code worth $10 to spend at mymemories.com so you can get some cool digital downloads to work with. (You can find the code in the right hand column of my blog.)
http://www.mymemories.com/store/share_the_memories_kit_1 Click here to get the July 4th topper.
http://www.mymemories.com/store/share_the_memories_kit_2 look like these:
The last one is quite elegant.
This can be found at: http://www.mymemories.com/store/share_the_memories_kit_3
Using MyMemories Software to Customize your Cupcake Liners
- Download template file and install it into your software
- Using MyMemories Suite, choose Create Album From Designer Template and find your project
- Now you can print and enjoy the provided template, or customize it with your own papers and embellishments.
TIP: You can right-click on the white guide and lock it in place to keep it from moving while you are working. Make sure this is the top layer of your project before printing. Instead of adding the paper as a background paper, you can add it as an embellishment so that you can move the paper around. This is especially useful when using papers with stripes or circles, so you can decide which part of the paper you want to use. Once it is added as an embellishment, you can now select the paper and move it into the position you want it. Just SAVE and PRINT on cardstock!
Cupcake Liner Tutorial
1. Purchase or bake and cool cupcakes. If cupcakes are frosted, place in refrigerator and chill cupcakes before putting liners on. It is easier to put liners on if the frosting is cold. 2. Print your cupcake liner templates on cardstock and gather supplies. Each printed page will have enough supplies for 2 cupcakes. (Recommended supplies: small craft scissors, tape, foam squares, 1.25″ circle punch, toothpicks and ribbon)
3. Using the scissors cut along outside line. TIP: Use a 1.25″ circle punch to cut out the toppers. If printed at full size, the circles should be exactly the same size.
4. Wrap liner around cupcake and tape at seam. TIP: If using a smaller cupcake, just wrap around at the desired height. You can place a smaller cupcake at the bottom of the liner or make it tighter and wrap it around at the top.
5. Using foam squares or tape, attach the front and back circles together to form the topper. Insert toothpick between the circles.
6. Add ribbon onto the toothpick or at the bottom of the front circle, if desired.
7. Insert toothpick into cupcake. Enjoy the finished cupcakes and share. Don’t forget to use your imagination.
If you do decide to purchase the software, the code to use is: STMMMS89083
“When you look at a cupcake, you’ve got to smile.”
~ Anne Byrn